The Watch Reservoir is set in the Lammermuir hills adjacent to the Southern Upland Way.
The approach road to The Watch Water Fishery from Longformacus and through the steading of Rawburn Farm offers stunning views of the surrounding Borders landscape. Located around 900 feet above sea level an attractive feature of The Watch is a feeling that you have arrived at a place of seclusion deeply embedded in nature. Here, the stress of daily life and ever-present noise pollution are replaced with the sound and sight of grouse, resident Canada geese and visits from the seasonal Ospreys. The Watch Water is a rewarding and elemental place to experience and fish.
- 120 acres of boat fishing with a circumference of 2 miles of bank fishing.
- 13 boats for hire.
- Outdoor picnic tables.
- Fishing lodge with indoor café offering light snacks and refreshments.
- Designated bait fishing zone for accompanied beginner anglers (under 16).
- Ladies and gents toilets.
- Guiding and Tuition (by prior arrangement).
- Experienced and friendly staff.
THE WATCH WATER FISHERY
Tel: 01835 822 650 /07736 903 379 (text messages only)
Fishing Lodge Tel: 01361 890 331 (8.30am – 5.00pm during season – March to November (when the office is manned).
Email – email@example.com
The Watch Water Fishery is a joint venture between Kelso and St Boswells and Newtown Districts Angling Associations.